About Albury Ski Club
The Albury Ski Club was founded in 1935 by a small band of skiing enthusiasts who would fulfill their love of skiing by trekking from Howmans Gap to Falls Creek carrying their gear and supplies. Although the road was built in the 1930’s this was an arduous and often dangerous hike.
In February 1949, club members pegged out one of the first sites at Falls Creek to build the Albury Ski Club on Stizmark Street. Although fire demolished the original lodge in 1958, club members were not deterred and a larger, more comfortable lodge accommodating 35 people was built in its place.
Since then, additions and renovations have been undertaken resulting in the 48 bed lodge that is there today. To meet the changing needs of our members, further extensive renovations are planned for 2019 at Falls Creek.
In 1988 the clubs assets expanded with the purchased of a 14 bed lodge in Mountain Drive, Thredbo. This lodge was extensively renovated in 2011 and is loved by all who stay there.
Today, this member only club has 460+ members who love to ski, snowboard and also enjoy many summer pursuits such as hiking and mountain bike riding at both Falls Creek and Thredbo.